BMW Motorrad Tire & Wheel Protection.
PrograM reference guide.
Stay protected when the expected happens with BMW Tire and Wheel Protection available at Southern California BMW Motorycle Dealers. Ask a member of our sales staff about this program and the protections it provides. Interested in buying a BMW motorcycle in Southern California? Test ride a bike today and visit our dealership for information on financing and other programs such as gap coverage and 3asy Ride Payment.
Tire & Wheel Proteciton coverage includes:
- Replacement of the tire if structurally damaged due to a covered road hazard including glass, metal, potholes, debris, nails, etc. (includes tires with run-flat technology). Tires are never plugged or patched.
- Replacement of wheels if covered road hazard damage prevents the wheel from sealing to the tire.
- Coverage of costs associated with the replacement of the tires and/or wheels, plus labor charges including mounting, balancing, valve stems, tire disposal and taxes.
- Towing expenses reimbursed up to $150 in the event of covered road hazard damage.
Important coverage information:
- Available on new and used BMW motorcycles. Your tires and wheels will be replaced using original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts or OEM-approved parts.
- Your coverage is not restricted by motorcycle mileage and will continue even if you replace your tires.
If damage occurs:
- Services may be completed at any BMW Dealer in the United States or Canada.
- Replacement parts will be covered for the remainder of the contract term.
- Tires damaged by a covered road hazard will be replaced, not plugged or patched.
- Wheels damaged by a covered road hazard to the extent it fails to seal with the tire, will be replaced, not repaired.
- There are no maximum number of occurrences, no claim limits and no claim aggregates.
- Benefits are not restricted by motorcycle mileage.
- Up to $150 of towing expenses are covered if a road hazard incident occurs.
- Transferable for a $40 fee — may add to resale value
- Trip interruption benefit of up to $500 if a covered road hazard incident occurs more than 100 miles away from your residence. Covered expenses include lodging, meals and transportation.
Coverage exclusions apply 2.
- Damage to tires with 2/32″ or less tread depth at the lowest point on the tire at the time of damage.
- Cosmetic damage to wheels or tires.
- Damage caused by vandalism, theft, or driving with low or no air pressure.
- Damage caused by road conditions (such as uneven lanes or metal plates found in construction zones or construction sites).
- Repairs made without prior authorization.
- Failures from normal wear and tear, improper wear, or dry rot.
1 Replacement tires must meet motorcycle manufacturer’s specifications. 2 Additional exclusions may apply. Please see your Agreement for specific coverage details, including limitations and exclusions.